It is common, age related condition that affects joints and discs in Cervical spine. It develops from wear and tear of cartilage and bones of cervical spine. It further leads to bony spurs which impinge nerves and also causes dehydration of discs.
Common symptoms of cervical spondylosis:
- Pain over neck and shoulder region
- Numbness of hands and fingers
- In severe cases, vertigo may be present
Factors causing Cervical Spondylosis:
- Neck injuries
- Repetitive stress on cervical spine due to prolonged holding of neck in awkward position.
- Work related problems such as prolonged working on computer
Treatment Cervical Spondylosis:
Neck exercises: Neck rotations, neck lateral bending, forward and backward bending of neck.
Shoulder exercises: Shoulder press, Lateral and forward raises, Shoulder shrugs using weight cuffs or exercise bands or dumbells.
ELECTROTHERAPY USED: Tens Unit, Ultrasound Therapy Unit, Interfrential Therapy Unit (IFT) , and you can Buy Physiotherapy Electrotherapy unit from Medical Bazzar (..apka health planet) at best and lowest prices , with guaranteed quality.